About the FRIENDS
The Friends of the Library Association or FOLA is a non-profit community organization dedicated to supporting the Cleveland Bradley County Public Library.
We accomplish this primarily
- by promoting advocacy for and volunteerism in the library
- by raising money through memberships, the Book Nook (FOLA’s used book store)
- author events
- and various fund-raisers held during the calendar year.
Membership in FOLA is open to anyone who believe that a flourishing free library is an essential part of our community.
How Can You Become Involved?
There are several ways you can become involved in the Friends of the Cleveland Bradley County Library.
Become a member:
for as little as $10 for an individual membership, you can join the Friends of the Library organization. Your membership helps support our programs and entitles you to our newsletter. Download our Membership Form
to get started.
There are many opportunities to help out. Volunteers are always needed and welcomed at our Book Nook as well as other special programs and regular library activities.
Friends Board of Directors:
We are looking for folks who are interested in the library and its programs, and who want to work to promote and support our library. If you’d like to be considered for the Friends board, please contact us.
FOLA Board Members
- Meg Campbell, President
- Lynn Dunlap, Vice President
- Mary Ellen Stinchfield, Treasurer
- Rita Cannon, Secretary
- Jill Barnett
- Nikki Branam
- Diane Bright
- Nancy Eskew
- Marion Kerr
- Jane Mason
- Patti Tompkins
- James Veenstra
- Kay Walker
- Vivian Waltbillig
- MiniSu Willard
- Lou Ann Wright
- Funds support the summer reading program
- Volunteer our time to expand library services such as helping at the information desk, reference desks, reading shelves, shelving books or even teaching a class or two.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter
- Brick by Brick is an opportunity for everyone to show support by purchasing a paving brick “in memory of” or “in honor of” a loved one. Pavers can be personalized with a name, special date or event. These engraved bricks pave the front entrance to the main library branch.
- Books and Coffee Series is a monthly gather of bibliophiles who discuss current literary works under the direction of a local guest or the author. They meet at the History Branch on the third Friday of each month.
- Book Buddies is a program that pairs an interested volunteer with a person who is home-bound. The volunteer checks out books and takes them to the shut-ins home.
- The Library’s Bookmobile travels throughout Bradley County, supplying areas that are under served and visiting school. FOLA helps maintain the vehicle and supply library materials for public use.
- The FOLA Book Nook is on the main floor of the library. Here you can purchase magazines, videos and music CDs for as little as twenty-five cents and books for as little as fifty-cents. Funds go to support the children’s library and programming. Since its inception over $160,000.00 has been raised as of December 2014.