Work for a Cause, not for Applause….Live Life to Express, not to Impress!!! – Anonymous
Steps to volunteer:
- Application | Pick up @ the Circulation Desk or click here!
- Interview | Get to know you session!
- Training | All opportunities require a training session!
- Schedule | Some opportunities require specific days and times, others can be done anytime the library is open… great for students with busy schedules!
Volunteer Opportunities: Check out opportunities here
- Shelf Reading | Exactly as it sounds! Volunteers will organize the materials on the shelves to ensure correct placement.
- Help Desk | The face of the library! The Help Desk Attendant will be available to answer patrons’ questions and assist in finding materials.
- Library Events | Our library staff needs help setting up for programs, assistance during events, and cleaning up from them.
- Book Buddy | Our Book Buddies are volunteers that take library materials to homebound patrons all over our community.
- Bookmobile | The Bookmobile visits local preschools to distribute books for teachers and students. Our driver needs help shelving books and shelf reading on the bus.
For more information on volunteering please call 472.2163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it’s the only thing that ever has! – Margaret Mead